Top 5 FAQs About Mold
Black Mold In Your Home?
Black mold is a very common occurrence for many residential properties. That being said, many homeowners still aren't quite sure how to go about resolving the issue, especially if it's their first time dealing with mold growth. Read on if you suspect that your home in Castle Pines, CO, may have fallen victim to a mold problem.
1. How Can You Tell if You Have Mold?
In most cases, you should be able to either see or smell the mold. Look for dark black or green patches spreading across the surfaces in your home. They may also be slimy or fuzzy in texture. A musty smell is also a good indicator of a mold issue.
2. What Causes Mold Growth?
There are a number of reasons why your house could have fallen victim to a mold problem. A moisture problem or recent water damage are two of the most common causes.
3. Where Does Mold Usually Grow?
As previously mentioned, black mold loves darkness and moisture. You're likely to find it in rooms that have these types of environments, such as your bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, basement, attic or garage.
4. Does Mold Go Away By Itself?
Mold is a living organism, so it's natural to assume that depriving it of the essential nutrients it needs to survive could kill it. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Doing so may temporarily prevent it from spreading further, but it won't kill it.
5. How Do You Get Rid of Mold?
Most of the time, you need to hire professional help, but you may be able to remedy smaller cases on your own. White vinegar and baking soda are both excellent, non-toxic products that you can use in your mold cleanup project.
Black mold is an extremely common issue, but most homeowners know very little about it because it can be embarrassing to talk about. If you would like more information, or need assistance resolving an existing mold issue, contact mold remediation experts.