Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
A Few Tips for You
Don't panic after your find water damage. Your first call should be to the Pro's at SERVPRO of Highlands Ranch. Our team is available 24/7 to help you after emergency water damage.
While you wait for our team of experts to arrive to your property, see below for a few tips to get you started on the cleanup process. Removing some items from the damaged area can prevent further damages.
Please prioritize safety over anything. If you suspect the area is dangerous, please wait for our team to help you get started.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (303) 730-3694
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.